View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #32
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
The ads are what pay for the site which allows you to use it for free.

They could go to a subscription service and make you pay instead of showing you ads.
They could go with unobtrusive ads that wouldn't need to be blocked too.

Flash ads are a terrible idea. Aside from anything else, they won't work on iphones/ipads even without an ad-blocker. They also tend to be more annoying/irritating than well placed static ads which has the potential to push more people to ad-blockers.

I'm not against ads on sites, there's several I visit that have unobtrusive ads (I even have them on my kindle). But when the ads start to detract from the experience, e.g loads times or annoyance levels and/or include audio, I'm not surprised why so many block them.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote