View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
In The Schartz-Metterklume Method a bored Lady Carlotta allows herself to be taken to be Miss Hope, a private teacher. She offers to speak unwanted Russian three days a week and teach history in an even more engaging method than was desired. Carlotta just does it for fun it seems.

The Dreamer is silly again, the box carrying nephew who ends up as an unauthorized sales clerk. A case of breaking the rules for him.

The Story Teller is fun, here again a bit of gender interaction. A bachelor being better with children than their mother, a more interesting story teller breaking the standard accepted rules for morals of the story.

The Lumber Room I really enjoyed with the boy turning the rules to his advantage at every turn from the hilarious frog in his breakfast to tricking his aunt in the rainbarrel. He turns her own words against her over and over. It seems Saki doesn't much of his parents or parents in general.

Laura is a ton of fun too, poking fun perhaps at western religion with a set of well prognosticated reincarnations and revenge on Amanda's husband Egbert.

Gutenburg has a whole set of his books for free so I will enjoy them. They make a nice light hearted contrast to Black Rain which I just finished.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote