View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 06:55 AM   #21
All4Fun
Zealot
All4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Blackberry Bold
Thank you Jellby for taking the time to explain the benefits of each format and the other advantages of using epub. I did understand most of this but you explain it a lot more eloquently and without some of the disdain that I typically see when pdf is brought up.

As a reasonably new user to this forum, when I joined, most of my ebooks were in pdf format only because that's what I knew. To me, as I was able to read them, they were ebooks. I quickly got versed in the different ebook formats and will avoid pdfs where it makes sense or when I have no other choice.

Sometimes I see authors offer their books on this forum for free only in pdf format and I think "Thank you" but then I see some responses "slamming" the author/publisher for only offering it in pdf format. As a new user to this forum and perhaps as feedback, I think there's a better approach and, Jellby, I think the approach you've taken for explaining the differences is the right one for perhaps explaining this to budding authors.

If I've been intimidated about talking about pdfs on MR, there's definitely been a reason for it.

Now that I got that off my chest, we can get back to our regularly scheduled program.
All4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote