View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #293
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
And under your proposed system, the analogy would be that if I took your paper book, scanned it and published it, you would be presumed to be guilty unless you could prove otherwise.
Correct. Let's get out of the analogy with pbook and back to ebooks and media files in general. According to my proposal (see post #276), if I don't trust you, I should not give you a copy of my media files.
If I trust you and you upload my media all the same, two cases are possible (after the police sends to me an email asking for the data of the person(s) I think might have uploaded my files, in this example you):
1) you admit to having uploaded the media and so you get to pay your part of the the fine while I am discharged of any responsibility;
2) you admit nothing (and so probably get out of it for free) while I get to pay my part of the fine. However, in my view I deserve the fine, for having given my files to an unreliable person liable to commit unauthorized media distribution. Next time, no books for you (if I ever talk to you again!).
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote