View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #4
C6REW
Connoisseur
C6REW has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 1
Hi seb,

I am delighted with my new reader and can only add a little to the above comments.

Is your Daughter OK with technical gadgets? I ask this because the only thing you have to be with this reader is patient! If you press a button, wait for it to carry out the task. It can take a few seconds for it to do that. I am not talking turning the page which takes a fraction of a second.

My Daughter is excited by the opportunity to read with it and I will be giving her a few lessons once I have mastered the idiosyncrasies myself.

My Daughter is 11 in a week or so and like yours loves books. BTW my other Daughter is 31!

As to the availability of books they are endless. I have spent the last day finding various sources on the web and putting what is currently 198 books on mine. Having a whale of a time looking a books and magazines.

So in conclusion I would say go for it. I personally think £200 is little to pay for the experience and pleasure she will get out of it. As to saving money on the purchase, well I reckon I would not hold out too much hope on that one. Buy it for the product not the savings that you might get.

Hope that helps from a day old user!

Finally if you are near to Devizes in Wiltshire send me a pm and we can meet up so you can see what I am talking about.

Best regards

Chris
C6REW is offline   Reply With Quote