View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
OK, I am confused. As far as I can see, the categories are deleted.

Tested using the following program:
Code:
from calibre.library.database2 import LibraryDatabase2

db = LibraryDatabase2(r'C:\CBH_Data\calibre_development\Library.test_small')
for k in sorted(db.prefs.get('user_categories', {})):
    print k
I start the calibre gui, then run the program while the GUI is still running. The output is:
Code:
>calibre-debug -e print_user_categories.py
AA
AA.1
AA.1.2
bb
bb.asdasaaa
bb.b2
bb.b2.asdasaaa
bb.b2.d
bb.zzz
g
Using the still-running calibre's gui, I delete the category '2' using right-click & delete, then run the program again.
Code:
AA
AA.1
AA.1.2
bb
bb.asdasaaa
bb.b2
bb.b2.asdasaaa
bb.b2.d
bb.zzz
g
The category '2' is gone. Still running the same calibre GUI instance, I delete AA using right-click and delete. The result:
Code:
bb
bb.asdasaaa
bb.b2
bb.b2.asdasaaa
bb.b2.d
bb.zzz
g
AA and all its children are gone.

I shut down calibre and again run the program. The output is the same as the last one above. I restart calibre and again run the program. The output is again the same. I use manage categories, and the categories are not there. I re-add the category '2'. It appears, but without content.

What are you doing that is different from the above?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote