View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I actually found it to be a pretty good post and if you read to the end you'll find the author believes prices will eventually fall as ebooks move to the mainstream. He basically says let the market decide what the value is.

I think the big challenge is that for publishers this is still very small business with some incremental cost associated with it and the challenge is the transition from the old model to the new. I can't believe the publishers seriously feel they can stop the transition, but they do struggle in how to make that transition.

Also, ereaders are still a relatively small market with many people not wanting to touch one. My wife was one of these, but is coming around to seeing how it's actually pretty good for some types of reading. As more people adopt ereaders we'll see a changing strategy from the publishers, but who knows how long that will take. If I were them I would be driving in that direction as fast as possible and looking for ways to increase adoption to get ahead of the curve. In all business, history has shown that those who adopt change or cannibalize their own business tend to succeed while those who wait for it to happen struggle.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote