View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
cmdahler
Addict
cmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavelion View Post
Format:
Booklet format (think MS Courier).
For me, yuck. I would hate the bulk of such a design. I like having a single tablet with a leather cover that I can fold back on itself and hold with one hand.

I've never cared much about color, even when I'm reading a magazine, so LCD/Mirasol/whatever doesn't mean much to me. For me, the perfect reader can be B&W-only, just with much better contrast: the kind of black on white I see when I look at my Sony 505 at a very wide angle rather than straight-on (too much of an angle to read, of course, but if you look at the screen at a big angle, the background appears much whiter than looked at straight-on). WiFi and 3G would be great with a decent web browser, but that of course implies that e-ink gets its pixel response times way faster. If Mirasol can show up as a high contrast black and white more like paper than Vizplex does with its shades of gray, that would be great.
cmdahler is offline   Reply With Quote