View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #24
sborsody
sborsody began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
So I did it. I checked out the display Reader at Border's with some pdfs and some RasterFarian converted lrfs. I played around with both portrait and landscape display. It wasn't too bad (mind you I don't have any A4-sized PDFs). The lrfs seemed just slightly larger.

The e-ink screen is still the big selling point for me in this device because of where I plan to be reading a lot (outside). So yesterday I went to my local Border's to purchase the Reader (it seems easier to obtain than the other devices) and they were all out, sort of. They said they had three "received" but unpacked and so for whatever reason they wouldn't be available for like a week. Sounded stupid to me. I reminded the store clerk that it was the 11th already and their sale ends on the 17th so she called around to other stores. Seems like either Border's doesn't carry many of these devices or the sale is drawing people to purchase them because after calling several stores she finally located a store that had ONE left. I was able to purchase it over the phone and it should arrive at my house in a few days (free shipping).
sborsody is offline   Reply With Quote