View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 01:21 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Need help creating a news feed

I am trying to create an ebook version of my local commuter newspaper so that I can read it on the subway without needing wi-fi on my iPod Touch.

They have RSS feeds available here:
http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/rsslist

I previewed each list in my web browser and got what I wanted: a page of story titles with one or so paragraphs of text, the idea being that I could download the whole thing and get a mini-newspaper in Calibre.

So I went to create my custom news feed. I put in the section title, copied the URL from the orange RSS button for each section and thought I had done everything right. It would not download right away. I quit Calibre and restarted it, was able to download it...

And it was blank. I had section titles (Local News, Business News, Entertainment News etc) but no headlines, no stories, nothing. Just seven pages each with the headline of a section and nothing else. What I am doing wrong here?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote