View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 12:05 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I'm running Windows 7 64. I'm not sure which version of SAPI5 it is but I do know I haven't knowingly manually installed a newer version than the one the PC came with in 2013.

Anyway, the good news is that your new Config widget does now list all the same voices which appear in Balabolka so, thak you for that

Just for your info: the voices which are listed in the plugin Config are all the ones which appear in the registry under
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens
namely, the voices from MS, AT&T and Scansoft.

The Acapela voices are not available in either Balabolka or your plugin. These voices appear in the registry under
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NextUpTech\Acapela TTS Multimedia 6\Speechfonts
and also under
Code:
HKEY_USERS\a_very_long_key\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\TokenEnums\Acapela Multimedia
ETA: It might be handy to be able to access Config via the Viewer rather than having to go back to Prefs - Plugins - ... etc. and drill down several levels. However I don't know whether this is feasible.

Last edited by jackie_w; 04-05-2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: ETA
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote