View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
Bokkie
Enthusiast
Bokkie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks guys. As it is, I only have two books on my 505 and they were as cheap as chips so migrating them is not an issue. It's just that I find the whole eBook market quite confusing as to what you get on one device that's not on another and a book you get here for another device is not available for use on another, that sort of thing.

It's because of this confusion that I'm at a loss of how to choose one and while I can appreciate that side-by-side comparisons are not always helpful I'd like to know from you gurus who have a lot of experience as to what you think the knock-out punches are?

The Iliad website has a lot IT development books something I can't find in abundance for the 505. I like the size of the DR1000 as it seems to be very close to actual A4 so I think it would do a better job in some respects. I could search forever on these devices so (a) is there a good link that shows real-user experiences of it and (b) is there a scratch-and-sniff dealer in the UK that would actually have one in stock. I'd not want to buy it blind without getting a really good hand-on where possible or at least get a much more detailed understanding of its capabilities and functions.
Bokkie is offline   Reply With Quote