View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #122
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
It is certainly technically possible to convert a commercial dictionary to Kobo format, assuming you already own the commercial version and it is for personal use only; even then it may not be legal, but I am not a lawyer so you need to make your own judgement about that. Morally you could argue that you only bought the commercial version so you could format shift it to Kobo format, so it is a win for the publisher - they have sold a copy which they would not have done otherwise. Of course, the resulting Kobo dictionary must not be distributed to anyone else, which would definitely be morally and legally wrong.
I hope there's no problem discussing it, of course I wouldn't distribute the dictionaries (if I ever achieve it), maybe I would give the program to convert dictionaries if that's no problem with the forum rules. Personally I have no problem with trying to convert it since I bought those dictionaries, and I would even avoid the hassle if there was some for sell on the Kobo, unfortunately dictionaries are some of the most evident yet worst implementation in the use of an e-reader generally speaking, not just on the Kobo.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote