Thread: HP Touchpad?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #23
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
When saying Flash, I was referring to web video like Hulu. Runs much smoother in WebOS. Neither Android nor WebOS has problems with other flash elements on websites. Also, in WebOS I love the switching between windows and real background multi-tasking. That is why I am itching to try out Cornerstone in Android once they have upgraded to Alpha 2.
Funnily enough, I was thinking of Hulu when I made that comment. Even with my TouchPad overclocked (which shouldn't really matter with hardware acceleration), Hulu wasn't really all that usable for me. I seem to recall the screen turning upside down every time I tried to watch a video fullscreen using the web browser and I didn't find any patches to fix it at the time. Admittedly, the latest firmware released was 3.0.2 when I last used my TouchPad. Not sure if the later updates or perhaps homebrew patches fixed the issues.

I love the cards and multi-tasking on webOS. However, the sluggishness even after overclocking, glitchy rendering on the web browser and lack of apps (or lack of features in apps) quickly made me lose interest in webOS. To me, it feels like CM9 alpha2 at 1.2GHz runs much smoother than webOS 3.0.2 did at 1.8GHz.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote