View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #36
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnm View Post
Could you preserve the file dates (timestamps) when you unzip/rezip the epub?
At the moment I am using the same approach that Kovid has in the Tweak ePub and epub-fix features. This calls the calibre.utils.libunzip.extract() function. It appears that this function does not retain the timestamps from the zip for the extracted files so all suffer from the same problem.

If Kovid can fix this or suggest an alternative way to extract the file that preserves the timestamps on the files then I should hopefully be able to do something. I agree it would be desirable if possible so that you can see only the files that were truly touched.

Quote:
-- This brings up another thought -- would it be practical to add a "fuzzy" option to your binary compare, something like you open the epub and check the hash of the largest folder for a match?
(and should I bring this question up in the Duplicate Check thread?)
You are correct that it is a question for the Find Duplicates thread, but I will give you an answer here anyways. I have no interest at this point in changing the plugin to start looking at ePub content - it will dramatically slow it down by many orders of magnitude and opens the door for a number of other issues which I am quite happy to avoid.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote