View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #135
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksng View Post
Hi Kobo team,

I got a question for you. I created an ePUB file tested in ADE (desktop) and ibook on my ipod and it's working perfectly fine but when i tested it on Kobo on my ipod, there is some problems that I encountered so I'm just wondering whether it's the Kobo issue? The following is the problems that I have when i tested my file on Kobo.

1) TOC not linked to the correct header
2) There is a duplicated chapter, for example I see 2 same chapters appear on Kobo but not on other ereaders.

Your reply will be very much appreciated.
cheers!
You've run into a known bug in our iPhone and iPad apps where by they don't properly use the opf file for forward/backward navigation.

If you finish a chapter, instead of going to the next item in the opf, it tries to go to the next item in the ncx.

If the next item in the NCX is an anchor within the same chapter, it ends up just loading the same chapter.

This is caused by another bug where we don't handle anchors in TOCs properly.

The anchor bug is fixed in our next release - it is with Apple now, so it should be ready in a day or so.

The OPF problem is a bigger one. The team is working on it, but I don't have a specific end date.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote