View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #8
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Kobo, Kobo...

With EPUB, there is an obvious, long lasting problem with side-loaded fonts (italic to bold) it's also very tricky to use embedded fonts... Also I noticed -many times - a big bug regarding the display of long paragraphs..

But, I just learnt today that I can transform my EPUB as a kepub.epub. I tried it and for the first book:

The fonts problems (the main ones as far as I can see) seem to be solved. But... there are superscript defects, problems with centered and right-aligned text. Also I don't like the title display up and down... This after just five minutes...

For both EPUB and KEPUB, I deeply dislike the slider to go from one page to another. It's vastly innaccurate. I remember on the old PRS-505, you just typed the page number. Precise, simple. Un-Kobo probably.

These are not glitches, but glaring reading defects. I lost confidence.

Last edited by roger64; 05-06-2013 at 03:36 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote