View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #576
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
Sorry to bother you, I don't know anything about webkit. All I know is that fonts are rather bigger in a azw3 than in a kfx ebook.

Look at the screen shots.

Azw3 on the left, following kfx.

Same book, the same font, the same size (1.1em in body), size 5 in kindle.
I used a photo editor to combine both of the pages you provided into a single image, lining them up using the time at the top and the progress indicator at the bottom. Doing that I was able to see that the actual font size (the size of the letters) is the same in both cases. What is different is that the one page is more tightly spaced horizontally (less space between letters and words) and the other is more tightly spaced vertically (more lines per screen). That sort of difference is to be expected since the azw3 and kfx rendering engines use different algorithms to determine the placement of letters and words on the page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	azw3-and-kfx.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	168631  
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote