View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #34
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I read what ever books are out in a series. Then wait for the next book in a series. Now days a lot of authors are releasing 10-20 book series or even if they are a 3 book series they are part of a universe that keeps on going. I am reaching a point where if just read a new released book from a series I am following I would barely keep us as currently I am following 50 or more series that have not ended yet. And most of the authors release a book a year not counting the short stories.
I find this to be a problem. Some series and universes (mainly Fantasy) are becoming so big that it's hard to keep track of everything, let alone keep track of multiple series. And with regard to, for example, David Eddings, at some point it feels as if one series is the same as the last, except for the setting. Sometimes, some elements or concepts of one series actually appears in another, under a different name, but acting and being exactly the same.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote