View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #33
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
I answered "read the entire series from start to finish" but that is how I prefer to read them.

The truth is that most of the series I've read over the years were done in the "one book now and another in a year's time or more" because the sequels were simply not published yet. And of course I read other books in between.

I have also read series out of sequence. I would pick up a book that was,say, the second or third book, read it and if I liked it then read the whole series.

This is in fact how I read Pratchett. I remember even now that I started with "Small Gods" and I was hooked. I then read and bought his books in whatever order I could find them and they were perfectly enjoyable and understandable. For me Pratchett's books are not really a series or many series, they are just tales that share characters.

Back on topic, if the series is complete and I have it all then I will read all the books, one after another. This is how I read Patrick O'Brien's Aubrey-Maturin series or Cornwall's Sharpe. If the series is not complete I'll just read what exists (e.g. George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire).
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote