View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #8
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryran View Post
I can't speak to what teasonc said, but I know that my K3 gets its timezone set via 3g--I've never told it that I'm in Abu Dhabi (GST, i.e., UTC+4) but it knows. Since updating to 3.3 I've noticed the clock go bad a couple times, which is frustrating, but all I have to do to fix it is turn on 3g.
Yes that is the way it is. The kindle clock is ether set by the user and have manual clock set turned on, or automatic, on your kindle. If you have automatic set time turned on when you turn on the wireless. The amazon servers use your information about where you live and maybe your IP address, to automatically sync your kindle to the local time.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote