View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Question Where is TZ coming from?

Do you thing this is exact?

I think the time zone (located in /var/local/system/tz) is set when you initialy register the Kindle (based on "Your Kindle Account", "Country Settings") and is possibly also updated when you later synchronize.

I think that because one can only set the time from the Kindle Settings, Device Time menu, or alternately from a JB device, using the date and hwclock commands, or from synchronizing with a time server using the ntpdate command.

BTW, you can display the date and time from the home screen by selecting the first entry of a search for ;date. My Kindle has the correct time zone -- albeit without proper daylight saving time support -- and I don't recall ever setting it myself.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote