View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 09:29 PM   #44
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
nrapallo, there is a bug in 9.2 with curly quotes. Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=165874 to see the bug report.
It seems the underlying .html used to generate the first test .prc is UTF-8 encoded.

I tried Mobi2IMP 9.2 and got zelda_pinwheel's (terrible) results.

I tried my own 'MakedocN' converter and got just curly quotes i.e. “ ( not HTML entities like “ ). I then tried to 'Tidy' that html and got worst results than I started with.

Then I tried tompe's mobi2html and it rendered a perfectly usable html file. Hurray!

Moral of the Story: Implement tompe's latest fixes concerning UTF-8 or else the flock will find a greener pasture to graze on!

p.s. that means a fix is in the works!
p.p.s. Zelda_pinwheel, where do you find these troublesome files. What issue did you have with Minor Works by Jane Austen?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Spring Heeled Jack-Mobi2IMP.zip (60.7 KB, 742 views)
File Type: zip Spring Heeled Jack-makedocN.zip (59.2 KB, 768 views)
File Type: zip Spring Heeled Jack-makedocN-tidy.zip (58.5 KB, 774 views)
File Type: zip Spring Heeled Jack-mobi2html.zip (59.5 KB, 763 views)
File Type: zip Jane Austens Minor Works-Mobi2IMP.zip (247.1 KB, 819 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote