View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #52
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
not as yet. my HDX tablet only went to 5.6 a day ago or so, but my new fire sticks came with that on board as did my new HD 10, I think. 5.6 has the greyed out install bug on sideloading. but it can be worked around. I am loading up versions of youtube on everything because of the latest amazon- google bust up which threatens to zap amazon versions on dec 31st.
I have watched both amazon & netflix in HD on the new fire sticks which obviously are wifi only ,& no drop outs or quality dips

its taken them ~3 years but I think they have finally gotten the fire stick design right- I must have bought and sold at least 4 of the previous generations, which would overheat and glitch. and at UK £25 in the black sale last week, what's not to like - I bought 2 ! . I just have to keep repeating the mantra " you do not need 4K- you will not be able to see the difference " until the desire to keep upgrading wears off.

wifi is such a pain to daignose e.g. I have a specific combo of 1 oldish dell laptop that will not work properly with one specific asus AP but works fine with router and with other APs, and works if I plus in a USB wifi to the laptop. but the bad pairing gives me speeds of 1 -3 when other methods give speeds of 50 - 100
it bugs me on principle cos I cant solve it. I can bypass it easily enough but that's not the point. If I have any amazon device wifi issues I will post back though.
my usual tools are go to fast.com on tablet browsers and go into the netflix app for a network check on the fire TV & sticks
does googling wireless dropouts fire OS 5.6 find anything

Last edited by stumped; 12-07-2017 at 09:56 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote