View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm not surprised. Amazon wants to discourage installation of competing apps so they hide them or claim they are incompatible. But the good news is they don't prevent us from installing them, so find the apk and sideload it if you want to try it out.
I think this semi-openness is a clever strategy, and given the fact that I'm constantly impressed with the smart choices made by Bezos/Amazon, I don't think it's accidental.

Technophiles make up a small percentage of the user base, but they make a lot of noise with blogs, forum posts, and reviews. And they influence a lot of other people. So it's smart to let them do what they want. Meanwhile Amazon still steers the herd in the direction they want.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote