View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris33 View Post
When you say replace the pdf, do you mean I need to do "open file location" and manually replace it ?
Actually I'm running calibre as a container on a server, and the "open file location" doesn't work and doesn't make real sense in a container
Or is there any option to replace a file ?
On Windows I would :
  1. select the book in the calibre book list;
  2. switch to my file manager;
  3. copy the pdf to the clipboard (Ctrl+C);
  4. switch back to calibre;
  5. use the Add Books->Add books to selected books from clipboard tool, which I have customised to Alt+Shift+V;
  6. confirm the "Are you sure you want to do this?" query (optional popup).

There's also the Add Books->Add files to selected books tool, which opens up File Explorer->Open file dialogue, unsure if it can be used to replace existing files - but I would anticipate it can.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote