View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #23
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Yep, commercial publishing is very much a matter of the long game. The money does not come in fast by any standards.
I remember reading something that Stephen King said about that. He said that checks always seemed to come in just in time to pay the overdue phone bill or to cover the cost of the medicine for the baby's ear infection. Or other things like that. I'd say from what I've read in Writer's Market in the past that 6 months to a year is average. Of course some things like seasonal stories they want at least 6 months ahead of time anyway I understand.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote