View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #21
Anna Drake
Zealot
Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's not only the money, which is paltry, but it's the length of things. When I tried writing women's short stories, I targeted a national market. They then responded within six weeks of submission. Later, when I tried again, they responded, yes or no, within six moths. Publication time was even later, possibly up to a year. In the end, I published two stories with them. I was thrilled. I mean, I was a small-town writer, they were a national publication. And one story, in particular, got a fabulous two-page layout complete with art. But the publication date and the payday were more than a year in coming. Ugh.
Anna Drake is offline   Reply With Quote