Old 12-27-2008, 05:20 AM   #5
turtle
Enthusiast
turtle began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
eBook driver not connected Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
So now the ETI usb driver connects properly, right?

Check if your EBW1150 unit is registered. Tap the Bookshelf icon at the bottom right (outside the LCD screen) and then tap the ebook menu at the top left (again, outside the LCD screen) and tap the info icon. Does it show your Name, Phone and User ID? or do you see "Not Yet Registered" or something similar.

If you are registered then tapping the Online Bookshelf should connect the EBW1150 to the ETI servers. If you don't get connected, make sure the ETI usb driver icon is "activated" in the system tray. If so, then ensure your ebook reader's settings (ebook menu, tap settings, tap a. Phone Connection) show this:
Code:
1. deselect Use custom ISP
2. For current location, deselect None (home)
3. deselect Use HTTP proxy 
4. deselect Use proxy for USB
With that done, now when you tap Online Bookshelf, it should connect and show you the contents of your www.ebookwise.com Bookshelf.

You can use a demo (free 7 day trial) copy of the eBook Librarian here to transfer .imp ebooks to the EBE1150. Just make sure that for steps 3. and 4. above you select Use HTTP proxy and Use proxy for USB and place 127.0.0.1 and 9090 into the HTTP proxy address and HTTP proxy port boxes, respectively.

If you have any questions, see this help area.

Again, tell us how far you can get with the above.
Hi, Nick and thank you very much. now it works very good.
When I deselected all at phone connection as you told me to do I CAN download books
as you know I'm new here and all stuff too complicated for me, and probably somebody created a program like Librarian totally free (not 7 days),
and thank's for info. about Russian forum.
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote