View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 02:26 PM   #8
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
If all you did was add an SD card, but you didn't tell the phone to actually use it, it's probably still trying to load your books to the phone's internal storage.

If you go into Apps - e.g., find Kindle app in the list - you can see if it gives you the option to move the books and even the program itself to the SD card. Or if you open the program you're using to read books, you might check the app's settings to see if it gives you the option to move them to the SD card.

I'm probably not explaining this very well. I tend to switch as much to SD card as I can, then I forget about it. So it usually takes me a while to find the options when I need to go back and revise my settings. I also had a Samsung phone that removed the ability to move apps/files to the SD card via the Apps menu. Probably why I haven't bought another Samsung device.
No, you explained it very well. Thanks.

I thought that I had scoured all of the different options in "settings," "file explorer," and maybe some elsewhere on the phone. But, as I think that I mentioned, I'm going to scour them again. Even if I don't find the answer to that particular question, I have found that I learn a whole lot about the smartphone--things that come in handy later--doing things like that.

As I mentioned, something has gotten to the SD card somehow, because at some point--maybe when the phone boots up (is that the correct terminology for a smartphone turning on? I dunno.)--there is a message that 24 GB, 27 GB, or some other number of GB in the 20's is available in the internal memory; the card holds 32 GB.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-16-2018 at 02:29 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote