View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 05:47 PM   #1
haveloook
haveloook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Divide/sandbox different libraries/directories to different reader software?

Hi, apologies in advance if this isn't very clear, I hope I explained well enough (got a little confused what terms to use, hence all the "/" wishy-washyness in the title).

Is it possible to divide directories/libraries exclusively between a Kobo device's default reader and KOReader? Like have one library essentially "sandboxed" to one specific software? I have two very different "types" of books, and I'd have a waaay easier time navigating them if the two libraries were completely separate.

In Calibre I have them as separate libraries entirely, as an example of what I want.

Nickel obviously has them all lumped together with only Collections an option to grant any distinction (and the Collections wind up massive). I'd rather use Collections to sort within my primary library and not what is essentially something more like a distinction between format than genre (not "formats" as in "file types", just describing how wide the differences are).

In KOReader I have different folders for each. KOReader works well enoughish for my secondary library, but that doesn't solve my secondary library's far more granular (and highly specific, not really translatable to my main library) tagging system muddying and bogging down my primary library (and my primary library's tags adding even more bulk to the bigger pool of my secondary one). I'd just really rather they not mix at all.

Two different reader software (Nickel/KOR) for two different libraries of books would be ideal, so I am wondering if that is possible to set up? (I have a Kobo Clara HD, specifically, if that makes a difference, I didn't add a prefix to my post because I didn't think this question was quite device specific.)

Thanks for any guidance!
haveloook is offline   Reply With Quote