Thread: Classic The Nook works in Germany
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
The Nook works in Germany

Ok, for all German or European members, that are interested in the Nook.

I got mine today and it works perfectly. Actualy he was a positiv suprised for me, since I expected much more problems, for what I have read the past weeks about the Nook.

Connecting it to my home wi-fi network: No problem

Registering it to my B&N account: No problem

Downloading books, I had already in my online library at B&N: No problem

Downloading samples via the Nook from B&N: No problem

Buying books via Nook from Germany: Not possible, you have to buy them online via your pc and a vpn routing

Calibre and Nook: no problem. Calibre recognized the Nook right away and I could send books from Calibre to the Nook

Adobe Digital Edition: no problem. Adobe recognized the Nook and asked me, if I want to add it. I could send epub books with DRM to my Nook and open them.

But one of the biggest suprise for me was the touch screen. Folks, I realy don't understand, why you have problems with this screen. Mine reacts fast, precise and reliable. When I'm reading a book I have absolutly no problems at all to turn the pages with gestures. You hardly have to touch the screen at all. Almost as good as on my iPhone.
I need much more contact on my Sony PRS 700, than on the Nook

So overall, I'm extremly happy with my Nook. Ok, there are some downsides, like bookmarks, hightlight etc, that are known. But I'm absolutly sure, that these will be solved in a short time of periode. Ok and a cover would habe been nice too.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote