View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #47
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
That may be a disadvantage for many of the folks on this site, but it is probably of much less consequence to the reading public at large. Fiction novels seem to make up a rather large proportion of the inventory in book stores that I have visited. I would guess that B&N knows very well what proportion of their customer base will be well served by their eReader format choice.
IMHO, a significant plus for the eReader's DRM method is that it's DRM restricts reading to the owner of a credit card and not to a specific reading device. I have always preferred that DRM method( if I have to use one) since I first started reading on Palm devices some years ago. For the folks that need a Swiss Army Knife type of book format, B&N can always expand their format offerings when/if they see the need.
I agree with DaveS. I see some that say Ereader is the worst, but I do not share their view. I find no problem or difference in reading any of the books I buy compared to Mobi pocket or microsoft reader (which are the other formats I have used on multiple devices). What I like is that they allow other ereaders to co-exist, so if what you are reading needs special formatting, then you can use that reader if you device supports it.

Those Sony and Kindle owners who are disappointed that B&N does not support your device, this is exactly how we owners of non kindle and sony feel about Amazon and Sony - they do not support our devices.

Until DRM is eliminated there will be groups of customers that Amazon, Sony and B&N will lose.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote