Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?

Ok, so this extremely dead thing wanders into a bar and says, "xdfkfsse - fuczzzk you," and the bartender replies, "Sorry, all the meat's back there, with the dead animals."

Ok, I had to think of something quick. I don't really like to join my serious nature with my humorous nature, due to a "dispute" about 3 weeks ago and an ideological disagreement with a group, but perhaps I can join my humorous side in a serious discussion in this thread as we try to explicate exactly what IS humor and what is humorous.

Some people read strange things into humor, and some people continue their "strange" efforts to hijack threads. This thread has been created with those people in mind.

Let's have a serious discussion about how we define humor. And, please, for Satan's sake, let's not fight. I'm no more right than you are. But I know what's funny to me.

Ok, about that dead thing: It's being served for breakfast. Come on down and have some grizzly meat. Careful as you walk, you just stepped on my carpet. Can you make out the facial features there on the carpet? That's me dear old Mom you almost stepped on!

Don