View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 03:00 AM   #18
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Quote:
Interesting. Can you make the picture of it? I never had this "special effect" on my unit.
I don't think a still picture will show it. Its sort of like when a CRT monitor goes bad and the image 'dances' as the interlaced refresh lines are off a pixel or two making the image jiggle from left to right. Mine tends to only occur 1 or 2 cm on the left side of the screen although on occasion its been as much as half the screen.

Mine has cropped up again as well back in the PacNW where its definitely not hot. To fix it I just plug it for a few seconds into the wall charger or a computer USB and viola, back to normal. It must be some sort of internal reset of whatever draws the screen image. The splash screens never jiggle, just the books themselves.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote