View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #13
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret View Post
Yes, I still have (and love) my EB1150.
So far I didn't find my code, and I'm afraid I won't be able to get it back
Anyway, I remember reading the protocol used between the device and the server. I think I've used some kind of software to "listen to" the network traffic while the device tried to access ebookwise account on the internet (I may have used tcpdump)
The protocol for book request/download was quite simple. I don't remember if I "injected" the html file as a response to the first server access or when the device requested a book.
I'll try to check on an old hard drive I dumped long time ago.
Hope this helps :P
Looks promising...

I want to adapt your idea of 'serving up' a html file instead of a booklist or book and "serve up" .imp ebooks directly from the uploads ebook forum here.

The C code for Linreb is very straight forward and shows all the HTTP GET requests that get served up and/or responded to by the (proxy) program. I have sniffed all but the REB1200's communication with the ETI servers. I captured with Linreb the communication between the proxy server and the EBW1150 (and REB1200) and used assniffer v0.2 to capture the EBW1150 communication with the ETI server. The EBW1150 uses the usb to connect to the internet. Alas, I couldn't do the same with the REB1200 as it connects off a router and assniffer under Win XP couldn't sniff other local IPs than my XP box. The REB1200 uses a NIC to connect to the internet but my XP box needs that NIC to connect to the ETI server so no capturing could be done!

However, in the REB1200 Yahoo group Files section in the 'REB1200 content' directory, there is a file (free_book_http.cap) that shows all the HTTP packets exchanged between the REB1200 and the old Gemstar servers in Aug 2002!

So I have 'sniffed'-capture files coming out of my ears, but need to try your hack to see if it is still possible to 'surf the internet'.

I asked for your java code in the Fictionwise Yahoo group so hopefully others can help the cause...

If you want to look at the Linreb code or HTTP capture files, I can point you in the right direction...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote