View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #22277
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Have a good trip, and I look forward to receiving the instructions, as I spent ages on it, and ended up just ditching it all. Not that I feel the need to tamper with my pictures, you understand. It's for a "friend".
Here ya go... It a picture I took of myself last week, but needed to make me look about 5 years younger...

1.Open image and double click Layer Mask (little box with the circle inside at the botton of the tools pallet.) Select 'selected area,' Opacity 50% Click OK.
2. Select paint brush, completely soft edge, adjust size to just cover wrinkle (Use '[' or ']' to change size while over wrinkle.
3. Paint wrinkles. Adjust brush size often to match size of wrinkle. You should be seeing red lines as in Photo3. If not, go back to Layer Mask box and select the OTHER choice...
4. After all the wrinkles have been painted, single click on Layer Mask box again. The painted areas become selections. (Much easier than trying to use any other selection tool for this.)
5. Click on Ctrl+J This turns the selection into a new layer.
6. Select Filters/Blur/Gaussian Blur. Move the slider to the right about 1/2", release, and watch the wrinkles disappear. Now bring them back and only move the slider just a wee little bit so the wrinkles just get a lttile smaller but not completely disappear. Click OK. See Photo2
7. Select Layer/Flatten Image, and save. Done.

This reads MUCH more complicated than it is to actually do... Cheaper than Botox shots!

The first was the original, the third after selecting with the layer mask brush, the middle the final result. Click back and forth quickly between the 1st and the 2nd, looking at the areas that were worked on.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo1.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	96787   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo2.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	96788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo1a.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	96789  

Last edited by Stitchawl; 11-25-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote