Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #291
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I see that the June do_update.sh file is different to the January version. It is very tempting to go one step further and try to apply the June EbookReader.apk using the January do_update.sh script. However, as I don't have any idea of the implications, I'm resisting for now
Oh man, don't tell me I've been testing with a faulty script all this time
I'll try out the correct installer and make a new package tonight... Thanks for pointing it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
I've just installed the .apk directly with root explorer. Any previously opened book got the dreaded "Invalid page" error and wouldn't open. Clearing out my "current_position" table in the reader database fixed that [see request below]. Past bedtime now, so I'll play with the reader.xml (hopefully) tomorrow.

Morkl request- can you see where the "Invalid page" error happens in the code? It would be wonderful if the reader app just defaulted to the first page of the book if it got this error, rather than being unable to open the book at all. This is horrible default behaviour from Sony. This is simple to reproduce by changing the book (say in sigil) so the structure changes - either a reasonably big edit or simply renaming the html file for the current page will trigger the problem.

Cheers,
Simon.
Hey, that would be useful! Will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiriel View Post

(lots of useful stuff)

Hoping, could help someone with those information!

Regards,
Alfiriel
Good job! I think I'll add that list of expressions to the default settings in the next homescreen

Re: the app drawing cutting: The apps are in a scrollable grid view, but I would prefer to have a set of next/prev buttons to avoid unnecessary screen updates (I'm guessing that would be easier to accomplish than having a dynamic number of screens, since the the 2/3 screens are hard coded everywhere in the original code).