View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #261
comodin
comodin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
It sounds like a dead battery. The battery charger function does not work correctly on a bricked kindle. You cannot trust the LED power indicator.

I suggest that you plug it into a USB power cube for several hours, then use MfgTool to switch it to fastboot mode and let it charge in fastboot mode for several more hours (leave it attached to host PC, but fastboot software not needed).

Then try booting to diags again.

20 books should not be a problem, unless one of them has a damaged file format that confused the collections indexer.
I left it plugged in either wall usb charger either usb port on my mac for a good 12 hours. I understood already that I cannot trust the led indicator, but really I don't know how else I should charge it. tried with different cables also.
The wall charger definitely works with my other usb-powered devices that I recharge daily, so that shouldn't be the problem.
The only thing I notice is that the amber led after several hours of charging time goes off completely and never comes back on unless I unplug the device and replug it.
Is it possible that the actual battery is dead for good?
I'm sorry that you had to write something that you told to other users already, I thought too that the problem was the battery but really I can't think about anything else but this answer to my problem: battery completely irreversibly definitely absolutely f****d for no apparent reason.
comodin is offline   Reply With Quote