View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark & Complete Short Stories of Saki both sounded interesting to me. Unfortunately, neither is available as a usable e-book.

I found a copy of the Saki stories, but both people who reviewed the Kindle edition complained about bad formatting.
If you go to the E-Books section of this forum, then choose miscellaneous as format you'll be in the e-book uploads section. Click on format and change it to ALL. Enter "short fiction" for the genre. Click on S in the alphabetical toolbar. Saki will be the entry right after the Sabatini selections. The very first choice for Saki is Beasts, Super Beasts in a zipped LRF format.

Now, if you download and unzip the LRF file and enter it in Calibre, it will easily and quickly convert to Mobi and will have a perfectly accessible table of contents. I've tried it and it works perfectly on my Kindle 3.

Of course, Saki might not win, but this is a useful edition of one of his best collections for anyone who would like to sample his writing in a decent format for free.

BTW Nyssa, You may well know how to do this already but your post was a useful excuse to tell others about this edition. Please don't take offense.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 11-27-2011 at 02:40 PM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote