View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Well here's something I noticed. The original announcement said that the Harry Potter books would be available for "all ereaders" (which the collective "we" of MR were skeptical of). Now the FAQ, as quoted in the article says this:

What formats will the ebooks be available in? Will I be able to read them on my iPad/Sony (NYSE: SNE) eReader/Kindle…?
The Pottermore Shop is due to open in October. Our aim is to offer the e-books in an as many formats as possible. We’ll provide more information closer to the time.

So.... are they finding it's not as easy as they originally thought??? Were they overly ambitious? Naive? Running into problems now?

Or maybe they will still pull out the magical "one format to end them all."

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote