View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #31
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
My problem with this is that people assume that since it is on Amazon, it is OK. And that is wrong.
It's not, actually. There is only so much that you, as the average consumer, can be expected to learn about a certain product. I am buying at a reputed store precisely because I don't have to check those details. To give you a brick-and-mortar store analogy: I am buying something new in a regular store. Do I need to check where the merchandise came from, that it didn't fall off a truck somewhere, that selling the item in question does not violate anybody's patent or other intellectual property rights? No, I don't, and most people couldn't, and certainly couldn't be bothered to. The simple fact that it's on sale carries a presumption of legality. Purchasing those goods usually makes me the lawful owner (bad faith excepted).

I don't really see why buying ebooks at Amazon should be any different. They didn't have the rights to sell that book in my country? Gee, too bad, go sue the publisher (or somebody else).
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote