View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #1
iCowboy
Enthusiast
iCowboy is less competitive than you.iCowboy is less competitive than you.iCowboy is less competitive than you.iCowboy is less competitive than you.iCowboy is less competitive than you.iCowboy is less competitive than you.iCowboy is less competitive than you.iCowboy is less competitive than you.iCowboy is less competitive than you.iCowboy is less competitive than you.iCowboy is less competitive than you.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Aura HD - Constantly freezing touch screen - any solutions?

Hi everyone,

I really want to like my Aura HD - but I can't because it locks up at least once a day.

When reading it will often just stop accepting screen presses - effectively freezing. The device isn't completely dead, it still recognises when the cover is closed, if I slide the power switch or click the light switch and responds appropriately. Put it to sleep and open the cover and the book reappears - but it still won't recognise any touches (so obviously the home button and the like don't work).

The only way to get it to work again is to hold the power switch to do a complete cycle and reboot the reader. It will then come back to life and work - for a while before the problem returns.

This is a stock machine, no custom firmware, just the latest official Kobo software. I've performed numerous soft and hard resets and the problem persists. It's also the second Aura HD I've had with the same problem and I had similar issues with my previous Glo.

So does anyone know if there is solution to this problem and is this particularly common?

Many thanks,

Mike.
iCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote