View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 08:20 AM   #7
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
The fact is that ALL ereaders are poor beyond actually just reading. Android apps are pretty but woeful on book/library management as are all ereaders.
I disagree with both statements. Firstly, some ereaders are not poor beyond just reading. Try an Onyx. It has huge and some excellent functionality beyond just reading. Secondly, Android ereading apps don't need to to organize books. System folders can be used to organize books and the Android apps can then access them.

To the OP, maybe Koreader is better at text annotation. Not sure. Edit. Just tested it. The selection of text seems to be okay. Not sure about saving and exporting. I tested it on a Kindle, so the screen sensitivity will differ.

You could also try Coolreader which also runs on a Kobo. From what I recall, Colreader was very good at annotations.

The bottom line is, in my experience, e-readers are capable way beyond the often horriblly limited and poorly executed software packaged by the producers. One must go beyond it to get the most out of the e-ink device. Fortunately Kobo e-readers come pre-rooted, so you have options. If the options made available by the community developers is not adequate, then I suggest you try and Android e-reader. I've found Onyx to be the most reliable, but they all have their faults.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 06-25-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote