View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 05:42 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalibrePegasus View Post
Thank you !

I did indeed instruct the "send" from Calibre and used the KoboTouchExtended driver.
On your advice I set the "Silently ignore failed conversions" to on and that solved the issue.
Now I can do a large transfer of books without interrupt.

Unfortunately, when I had the 9000 books transferred, my KB Aura HD crashed and displayed the message that I should do a factory reset.
That's unfortunate. I usually restrict my transfers to 1000 or less. That is mainly because on older firmware it could take a lot longer to import the books, but, it is also in case of problems.
Quote:
I did and then it went wrong : I did several reinstall attempts but they all failed for several reasons : not being able to connect properly to my computer to download and upgrade the firmware, whether I tried it by Calibre or by Kobo Desktop.

Now I am the stage where I cannot re-initiate again because the Kobo does not shutdown completely : the display is still on and I can't power it off (which is needed to do a manual factory reset).
So now I'm waiting for it to power off completely when the battery is fully discharged but that could take days.
The first step of the manual factory reset should be to hold the power switch in the off position for about 20 seconds. This will force the device to turn off, but the screen won't change. Then you can do the rest of it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote