View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 AM   #28
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
So, because I use my right hand to write, I guess I am right handed.
Like with many other of our "features" it's difficult to draw the line between inherited and acquired and the writing hand may well go into the second group.
And although being a left-hander I would strongly encourage (but never force!) every left-handed kid to try it at least for one time to write with the right hand. Writing our left-to-right languages with the left hand looks soooo wrong!

Which brings me to another question. As this thread started with some statistics: does anyone know the percentage of left-handers in cultures that use right-to-left languages like in the Arab world? Is it higher than in the rest of the world?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote