View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 03:01 AM   #1
momtodogs
Lovin' the e-life!!!
momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini
Apostrophe marks are seeing double?????

Oh help, I've been having this problem for days, and have been searching these boards for an answer. Problem is - I am a newbie: to eReaders, eBooks, Calibre and this site.

I was doing fine, and then in the past week, every time I tried to bring in a .pdf document, or even convert (to either LRF or ePUB) an .rtf after it was brought into Calibre, the apostrophe marks have been changed from ' to " (see cut and paste below):
“Brazil. I don‟t expect to be away for very long, but I can‟t take my little Sophy, and I can‟t leave her with Tilly because Tilly‟s dead. Died in Vienna, couple of years ago. A devilish inconvenient thing to do, but I daresay she didn‟t mean it.”

I've tried changing fonts, and downloaded the newest version of Calibre, today, but it's still doing it. What am I doing wrong? I really don't want to leave .rtf documents on my reader. The files are too large.

Help?
momtodogs is offline   Reply With Quote