View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjschmidt View Post
I know this has been batted about by ebook fans for a while, but it seems like the K2 release would be the perfect time to announce something.

Why not offer a Kindle edition for $2.99 to anyone who buys a print edition of a book? It seems like most of the holdouts are those who despise the DRM or have some luddite fetish for flattened trees glued together. Something like this would bring in lots of on-the-fence customers and put a little more money in Amazon and the publishers pockets.

Is there something obvious I'm missing here?
Yes, there is. If I buy a hardback book can I get a paperback for a discount? If I buy a VHS tape, can I get a DVD cheaper? If I buy a CD can I download it to my computer for a huge discount?

Amazon is in business to make money, and they must answer to shareholders. If you were a shareholder, would you support this idea?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote