View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I see you've already gotten a PW, but I was going to caution you about ordering through Kobo. Their customer service is horrific and if anything goes wrong they won't help you or let you return the device. If you decide to go with a Kobo you should get it from Best Buy to have a chance of help in case of a problem.
I'm going to put in a word of moderation here: plenty of people are reporting improvements in Kobo's CS recently, especially regarding returning/replacing devices; and with Kobo going above and beyond statutory requirements (WiFi owners having their device replaced with a Touch, etc). It's still easier to buy initially from a store local to you of course (and easier to return a dud in person!), but a blanket "Kobo will never replace anything ever" is just not true.

My advice to Kobo buyers:
- buy from a store local to you/in your country if at all possible.
- Use Mobileread as front-line support.
- If you do need to contact Kobo, use phone or live chat, never email.
- If you don't get satisfaction from that, escalate to Kobo's twitter help.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote