View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #71
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
What I did after looking at the threat message on the screen was to leave it on. It said I had about 3 days or whatever the countdown clock said to send money to the link. This was at 9 PM EST and I really was shocked. I then went to my iPad to look up Microsofts support number. After about 10 minutes I was patched somewhere overseas to a level 1 technician only to witness the takeover of my files. I had over a million files and watched thousands upon thousands of them being encrypted. Finally after I started crying he gave me to another woman who was a level two. After each day I would get on with Microsoft at night and they would hijack my computer and do their thing. At this point they tell me the virus is gone but nothing works right. Not Mozilla Firefox, not Word....not anything.
I have other devices and my previous laptop that I am using.
I am going outside to play in 2 feet of gorgeous snow and celebrate this winter wonderland.
As always, thank you for your suggestions.
Once you get your files backup. you need reformat and reinstall everything from your recovery image. I would not use the computer as normal till it's wiped clean and start fresh.

As for the snow you can have it! I don't want to see another flake till Christmas!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote